Sunday, June 24, 2012

Ten!!!

Ten years ago today, I became the mother of a beautiful baby girl! After having two wonderful boys, I wanted a girl more than anything in the world. I waited a few years before trying again because I had to want another baby, not just a baby girl and God blessed me with Haley. Even then, I didn't know just how truly blessed I was. I feel so lucky to have been given this amazing, talented, smart, child (actually three amazing kids).

Who would've know 10 years ago what kind of child she would be or what the world had in store for her? I can't believe all she has accomplished in her first decade! I can't even imagine what she will do in the next but we will certainly enjoy the ride!

She and I spent the day at Strings camp. She had a private lesson and all her other classes. Then we headed off to the Irish session at Plough. Her friend, Alex, and his family came to help celebrate and play some tunes. Tom had called ahead to get them to make her a cake and when they brought out a Haley-sized cupcake, everyone sang Happy Birthday to her. We left a little early and Dylan gave her the presents he bought her and the blueberry muffins he made for her. (Man, were they delicious!)

                   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HALEY!!!!




Yum!
Singing Caledonia with Rosie!

No comments: