Saturday, January 21, 2012

Really Busy Friday!!!

Sometimes it seems like everything is scheduled on the same day. The next couple weekends we have days like that because of concerts and rehearsals, etc...

Yesterday was the first of those days. After getting the boys off to school, taking showers, eating breakfast, straightening up the house, doing two loads of laundry, and packing up for the day, we headed off for a rehearsal at 11:30am with the accompanist for Haley's classical concert on Sunday. She played through her Paganini Moto Perpetuo three full times and a number of partial times with the piano. One small brain fart and the piece will completely fall apart so it takes a lot of concentration.

From that rehearsal we headed to the next town over, ate the lunches we had packed and then went to Haley's violin lesson at 1pm. Her teacher did not make her work a lot on her Paganini since she had already played it so much. She played through it once, they talked about the opening, and a spot where she keeps playing F# rather than F natural. Then she put fingerings in her next Kreutzer exercise and worked on the Bartok Rumanian Dances.

Every Friday we go straight from violin lessons to grab some dinner then head over to the city for PR*SM orchestra rehearsal from 6:30 to 8:30. We always get there early and help set up the room. We don't have enough time to drive home and leaving a little later puts us in the middle of rush hour traffic so we just go help.

Last weekend, Haley's friend Paraic asked her to come to a gig he was doing at the Shanachie Pub which is only 15-20 min from where orchestra rehearsal takes place so we headed straight from orchestra to the pub. Paraic, Gabe, and David played tunes and sang songs. They invited Haley to join them on stage and she played some tunes on her own and some with Paraic while Gabe accompanied. They asked her back up in the 2nd half and then again at the end. She had a lot of fun playing with them. She stayed up the whole ride home even though we didn't get home until 1am. I thought for sure she'd be asleep before I even got on the highway after leaving the pub but she talked and sang to me all the way home.

Next Saturday is round #2 of Crazy, Busy Day!!!

No comments: