Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Chicken Nachos

Well...a topic on the WTM board reminded me that I had wanted to put some recipes on my blog. (My plan is to someday get this blog printed out in book form for my kids to have and I think it would be really neat for them to read through and remember some of the things we used to eat when they were young.)

Here's something we eat whenever I am running around and need a quick meal that has a bit of everything in it...not exactly the healthiest meal on the planet but we like it and sometimes make it healthier by eating it on wraps or as a salad without the chips.

Chicken Nachos
Boil chicken (I usually boil a lot and make extra chicken for wraps for the boy's lunch)- shred the chicken into a pan. Season with salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and cilantro. Once warm add hot sauce to taste (we like Frank's hot sauce) then remove from heat.

Place nacho chips on a plate, top with seasoned chicken then shredded Mexican cheese (your choice). Can add black beans, refried beans, jalapeƱo pepper slices (fresh are best), or anything else you like. Heat under broiler or in microwave to melt cheese.

Top with any or all of the following...
lettuce
tomato
guacamole or avocado slices
salsa
sour cream
whatever else you like : )

Enjoy!

No comments: