Tuesday, December 04, 2012

No time to be sick!!! Ugh!

The weekend before Thanksgiving, Newt came down with a fever and sore throat. He stayed home from school Monday then was fine with just a slight residual cough. He shared it with Ritch who had the sore throat and cough, no fever, Tuesday and Wednesday. No one else was sick Thursday so we drove to North Carolina.

That Friday evening, Haley complained of a sore throat and was burning up with a fever around 7pm (she always runs high fevers) so she and I spent the evening in the bedroom, away from all the others at the fish fry. She felt fine by Saturday morning with just a slight cough lasting a few days. Not her usual m.o. with a cold but we'll take it...maybe she's outgrowing her nebulizer needs.

Dylan and I both had the sore throat when we woke Sunday morning which was fine. Dylan slept all the way home and I rested and read while Ritch drove. Dylan stayed home from school Monday with a headache, slight fever, and sore throat.

I, on the other hand, have been sick ever since. I really don't have time to be sick. I felt better on Tuesday but lost my voice... I still don't quite have my real voice back. Wednesday and Thursday, I didn't feel bad...just couldn't talk. Friday, I woke up feeling okay but by evening, was feeling really yucky. I haven't slept a full night since. I cough non-stop from about 7pm until I fall asleep sometime after 11pm, even on medication, then wake again at 3am and go downstairs to keep from waking all those who are able to sleep.

Went to the doctor's yesterday....bronchitis...so on antibiotics and should be better in a few days. Hopefully!

No comments: