Friday, December 21, 2007

Santa Claus is coming to town in a taxi??

Haley visited Santa on Monday at the local mall. She insisted that she wanted to play him a song on violin as a Christmas present. I took the violin in but let her know that she could, only if it was not crowded so we didn't hold anyone else up.

There was a very short line, 3 ahead of us and 2 behind. The lady helping Santa asked if I was holding an instrument and I informed her of Haley's desire to play for Santa. She said, "Sure!"

So, Haley played "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" for Santa.

Afterward, she wanted to know a few things about Santa...

--Can Santa see me and what I am doing when someone else is sitting on his lap?
(Translation: How much can I get away with while Santa is preoccupied at the mall?)
--Why are Santa's eye brows darker than last year? They are supposed to be white.
--How did Santa get here and where are his reindeer? (Me: I think he probably flies down in a
plane for this so his reindeer are rested on Christmas Eve.) Haley: Does he stay in a hotel then
they drive him to the mall in a taxi?

No comments: