Thursday, July 12, 2007

New Math Book

Haley's new Miquon math book arrived today. She completed 4 pages after I gave it to her. I am hoping the book takes her more than a couple weeks to finish. I guess it won't really matter though because it wasn't too expensive.

Dylan tests for his 1st dan black belt in taekwondo next Friday. I am so excited for him. He has been doing such a good job on his forms lately. I hope he doesn't get too nervous to perform his best for his test. He does not tend to have the nerves-of-steel his brother does. I can understand perfectly because often my nerves tend to get the best of me. Both boys will test next month for Haidong Gumdo. I just realized this evening that Newt will be a red belt and Dylan a brown belt. Soon they will be eligible for a black belt in that as well. Both boys really want to try Judo because they are bored with taekwondo. There is only one form to learn between belts now and two years to wait.

I have Haley's first Irish fiddle lesson scheduled in a week and a half. It turns out that the woman who I was put in contact with was actually the one who introduced the musicians at the Celtic music concert we attended. She sat next to us for part of the program and remembered us. (Haley was the only child and she is very hard to miss with her golden hair and the adult conversation that comes from her little body.) She was also the woman selling the CDs and DVDs who told Haley she wouldn't need the DVD on How to Play Celtic Fiddle for a long time. She has never taught anyone as young as Haley but she teaches by having her students listen to the music so Haley should do very well with her.

No comments: