Saturday, June 16, 2007

Two more days or maybe one more day...depends how you count!

Haley and I leave for Suzuki Institute on Monday. She is so excited and has mastered backward counting even over a number of days. Every morning, since 14 more days, she wakes and first thing she says is "----- more days until we go!" Daddy and I don't agree how the counting should go but I prefer my more optimistic way of only counting the in between days and not the one we are on or the one in which we are going.

This morning she woke up and said, "One more day until we go" and gave me the biggest hug and kiss. The added, "I can't wait to play my violin every day!" Okay, we do practice every day but I guess the idea of lessons and group classes every day is more exciting.

Our newest way to add to practice time is to send Haley far away, like to the next tree, and have her play her way back to me by taking a step for every song she plays well. The funny thing is that she doesn't "cheat" and if she messes up will stay and play it again.

The boys are going to a police camp that Poppop found for them while I am away. It is a day camp and they get to learn about forensics, crime scene investigation, plus meet a police dog, and touch a lot of police stuff. It sounds like a lot of fun. I am leaving their health insurance cards this time so hopefully they won't end up in the ER like they did last time I left them alone with Daddy. No stitches for Dylan this year I hope!

No comments: