Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

This morning I was greeted with breakfast in bed. No, way better than you all are thinking! (See, I taught my boys, well at least Dylan, how to cook just so my breakfasts in bed would be worth staying in bed for. Just kidding, he really loves to cook!)

So, this morning I received a broccoli and cheese omelet with a side of celery spears. Okay, I don't know how they fit into breakfast but it was good. While I was waiting, Haley thought I needed a piece of bread with a spot of barbeque pork on it. The appetizer, I guess. Then I was gifted with hyacinths from my bush, a "jewel" in Haley's prettiest small box, and three lovely cards with poetry and loving remarks in them. Does it get any better than that?

Then I was permitted to take Newt to wrestling practice, was serenaded with Haley's personal violin concertos including "Bird on the Feeder," "Butterfly in the Tree," and "I Love My Mommy," and visited with my own Mommy. Mother's Day doesn't get any better than that!

No comments: